6.01.2011

Royal Overnight!

It all started with a little visit from one of Stephen's oldest friends Eric Person. We had the great pleasure of having Eric be our first visitor in Germany about a month ago. He was Stephen's baseball coach at Nyack College (in New York) and each summer would bring players to Europe to work with Athletes in Action. Eventually that turned into what became WBOI and expanded the Atomics Baseball Club! (It is a bit longer than that, but I will spare you the details). Needless to say Eric is very dear to many of our German friends and has a special place in the hearts of Stephen and Rob. Eric is also the God-Father (they are a big deal here in Germany) of Tamara Steck who is the daughter of one of the Atomic Club Founders (Hardy Steck)

Eric and Stephen Sunday morning before church.
Alright now that that is out of the way I can get back to us being royal! So, Eric was here in Germany for a couple days to see the "Confirmation" (also a very big deal here in Germany where kids complete a church course around the age of 14 and are then "confirmed" in their local church) of Tamara his God-Daughter. After the church service most families will have large parties to celebrate their child's accomplishment and lucky for us we were invited! 

Ralf, Stephen, and me at the Confirmation Celebration.
It was a wonderful afternoon of nonstop eating. Literally, we never stopped eating! We started the festivities outside with orange juice or mimosas accompanied with strudel and then moved inside for the serious eating. Lunch began with a soup course, then a large salad with Salmon, then scallop potatoes with beef and vegetables, then desert consisting of icecream with homemade chocolate and raspberry sauce, and if that was not enough about an hour later we had cake and coffee time. There were 8 cakes to choose from and you could eat as many pieces of as many cakes as you wanted. I am tired just thinking about all the chewing I did.

During the party I got to know Tamara and her friends. They are all really sweet and remind me of when I was in junior high and everything was soooo dramatic! (I will never forget you Avril!) 

We had a nice time talking/me waving my hands in the air to explain things in English and I think I made four new fans. They were all just standing around me smiling and kept saying things like "your eyes are awesome," "you are so pretty,"......"bahahaa, Thanks?!?" (I did not tell them my hair was completely frizzy and in a ponytail because I still did not own a blowdryer.)

Talia, Sophia, Tamara, and Julia.
So, now to being royal. As Stephen and I were leaving the party we were saying our goodbyes when 4 lovely teenage girls ran up to us and said "can we get a picture with you, we think you look like Prince William and Kate!" I must admit I had been thinking that....we look completely royal and finally someone noticed! hahaha, yeah right, we both started laughing and gave our most dignified smile as not to disappoint. 

So there you have it, WE ARE ROYAL! Here are some look alike pictures! 
Personally I think Stephen is way cuter than Prince William, but I may be biased! 
If only I could make my hair look like that.....oh so royal!

this is more my style, a little less perfect and yet she is still effortlessly royal!

I would say our crowns have an uncanny similarity here...Don't you think?!

3 comments:

  1. Well talk about getting a girl sentimental over here. A mere mention of Avril can just bring it all back. I'm standing on a bridge ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauara, I love this it is great! You and Stephen are definately cuter and more royal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. The Royal pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete